Thursday, December 12, 2013

Review: Attainment (Attainment Series) by J.H. Cardwell



There are many ways to capture a person’s love, but unwilling, full attainment is never the best option. 
Life hasn’t been easy for 18 year old Reese Stanford. After a traumatic incident a year ago, she has a hard time trusting any guy. She finally allows herself to fall for the heart throb, Tate Justice, only to realize he too comes with his own set of issues.
Swearing off men, she meets a beach ‘god’ who will settle for no less than all of Reese. That is at least, until she learns a truth about Tate that changes the game entirely. 


I received this book as an ARC from the author for an honest review.
I am so torn with this series, I wanted to love it so badly!! Although I did feel there could have just been a little more ‘umph’ the story line was fabulous. Ok, enough of that.. lets meet the characters.

Reese is an 18 year old girl who has been through so much in such a short time. After being date raped but her boyfriend, Carter, he took off and left her hurting, alone, scared, and drugged… great boyfriend huh? Although, she has no idea it was him!! Having significantly changing her life, she finds herself unable to trust any guy.

          After finally moving on, she begins to date Tate. Tate is everything she could ever want in a man. Well, that is until Carter walks back into her life. She begins a whirlwind of emotions… loving Carter, loving Tate.. finding out about a twisted affair that Tate had with Carter's mother… a lot happening all at once.

           Deciding to spend time away from it all, her and her three closest friends take off to the beach for a summer break. Only she then unexpectedly falls for a handsome and rich young man, John.  After spending about an hour with John, she madly in love with him?? Three different guys all fighting for her heart. This is about where I started to not like Reese…
  
          Ok, so while the character line started to get to me after a while, I did enjoy the plot of it all. Heartache, drama, affairs, jealousy, even a little bit of murder thrown in there. It was a definately a page turner because there was so much going that you couldn't help but want to know what happened next!   And of course, the cliff hanger…  Which brings me to Atonement. Please be sure to check out that review also.

          I am defiantly curious to see what J.H. Cardwell has in store for us next!

Enjoy <3

I have spent years in the medical field; the first few as a Cardiac Specialty Nurse, and over the last decade as a Pharmaceutical and Medical Sales Representative. I have gathered mounds of experience both personally and professionally to pour into my long-time passion…writing. After years of power points in the corporate world, I am enjoying working on stories in romance fiction with my first novel, Attainment, and the newly released sequel, Atonement. I live in a small town in NC with my husband and four children. While continuing to work in sales, I am also exploring my writing late at night and in the wee hours of the morning when my children are tucked safely in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment