Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"To Be Read" Tuesday: Just Live, Juliette! by Stephanie Andrassy (@S_Andrassy)


Amazon
B&N
Smashwords
iTunes
Goodreads



You never know what the morning after has in store for you, especially after drinks at a bar, a perfect man, and a night of the best sex you have ever experienced. Rather than dancing through a field of daisies, Juliette may be pushing them up instead. She awakes to a world where everything is familiar and nothing is what it appears to be; where the key to endless love is learning to just live.

Just Live, Juliette! is the continuation of Juliette's journey which began with the short story, "The White Peacock"; included for your convenience and reading pleasure.



I always knew at a very young age that I would have a life-long love affair with the written word. My first favorite book was “Horton Hears a Who”. Imagine another world existing on a tiny spec of dust! I quickly learned that I was fascinated with the fact that printed words on a page had the magical ability to fill your head with such wonderful ideas. And then I met the classic fairy tales, along with the “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” - what incredibly imaginative stuff. “The Swiss Family Robinson”, “Encyclopedia Brown”, “The Hardy Boys”, and Judy Blume - I was hooked on reading.

When I was ten, I wrote to author, Allan W. Eckert, to rave about his book, “Incident at Hawk’s Hill”, and to ask him some questions about his life as an author. To my surprise and complete thrill, he wrote back! Authors were human! At twelve, I not only volunteered after school in the school’s library (surrounded by all those books), but I proved the “authors are human” theory by participating in a future authors program; writing and illustrating my first book. Our books were not published, but they were professionally bound in hard cover and we held readings in the school library, sharing our books with the younger grades. I still have this first masterpiece, proudly displaying it on my bookshelf.

Over the years, the words of many great authors (too many to mention) have been invited to take up residency in my mind. John Wyndham’s, “The Chrysalids”, thrilled me. “Lord of the Flies” made me think in terms of ‘what if’. I devoured Tolkien and Silverberg. “A Farewell to Arms” made me cry. “Peony”, by Pearl S. Buck, fascinated me. I also quickly fell in love with Austen and Bronte, read Danielle Steele for years, and have enjoyed all of Dan Brown’s work. I continue to read - romance, fantasy, and chick lit, as well as mystery and suspense, parenting books, psychology, theology, and sociology reads. In fact, there is not much I won’t indulge in (except horror).

Encouraged to pursue an education and career, I obtained a B.A. in Settlement Studies from the University of Guelph, and then embarked on a fifteen year career in social housing. I continued to write, secretly daring to dream that someday I would write a novel that would see the light of day while I trudged along in the day-to-day that we all experience. My debut novel, Noble Lies, a fantasy/suspense romance, is the first of my written works to be released out into the world as a self-published ebook (September 2012), now joined by paranormal romance short story, The White Peacock (March 2013), and paranormal romance novel Just Live, Juliette! (May 2013).

Authors tend to write the types of stories that they enjoy and I gravitate towards books with substance that allow me to grow as a person, to experience aspects of life I would never see on my own, and/or that allow me to escape into the magical recesses of my imaginative mind. It is no surprise, then, that my writing leans towards real life, sometimes contorted into a dreamscape of fantasy and fairy tale, sprinkled with suspense and grit, and iced with romance.

I presently live in southern Ontario, Canada, with my family, where further works are well underway.



www.twitter.com/S_Andrassy

No comments:

Post a Comment