Friday, June 7, 2013

Review: Entwined With You

By: Sylvia Day

Synopsis: The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires...


From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn't resist. I saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside--so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.


No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I'd been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.


Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession...

***

My Review: 2/5 Stars

Wow, what do I say...

First of all, let me say that I love Gideon.  I have a soft spot for the alpha male type and Gideon is definitely a domineering, controlling, protective man.  The thing I love about men like Gideon is deep down they are big teddy bears just looking to be loved.  I also love Eva.  She is strong and intelligent.  I have always liked that she is just as damaged as Gideon.  She is not the weak innocent heroine that many similar novels have.  She brings just as much passion, lust, and desire to the relationship as Gideon.

I enjoyed watching their story unfold after hearing that Nathan is no longer a concern.  Unfortunately, I felt that the story line was slightly predictable.  As soon as the Mark and Steven's relationship took the turn it did it was obvious where Eva and Gideon would find themselves.  I thought Gideon's approach to the subject was sweet and romantic.  Swoon....

The only negative I have for this novel was the ending.  I can't help but feel disappointed that the author decided to drag out Eva and Gideon's story over additional novels.  It makes me question her intent and leaves me slightly resentful.  To have waited months and months to final purchase this novel only to have it end as it did leaves me upset.  Perhaps I need some time to let it sink in, but right now I am debating whether I will invest more time and money to see the conclusion of the characters journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment